I had one of those days. You know the day that doesn’t seem to end at all. Yup I had that. Thank HERA it is done! Motherhoodontherocks.com put it perfectly of how I felt today. She blogged about how toddlers are like drunk people in her post 20 Ways Toddlers are Like Drunk People. Yes she went there and I’m so glad she did.
Her list of ways are: (If you are too lazy to click the links above, I know I would be)
- No personal boundaries
- Falls over A LOT. Gets up, yells “I OK!” and keeps going
- Poor decision making skills
- Spontaneous vomiting
- Speaks gibberish
- Gets belligerent if you take away
their beer[insert favorite toy here]
- Cries for no apparent reason
- Streaking (see #3)
- Philosophical conversations with inanimate objects
- Short attention span
- Poor short term memory
- Zero inhibitions
- Loses everything
- Will pass out anywhere
- One track mind
- Getting them undressed (or redressed) is like wrestling an alligator
- Runs into things that haven’t moved…ever
- One volume setting – LOUD!
I would like to add to this list these comparisons between the two especially after my day.
- Feeling completely embarrassed by their behavior in public
- Never knowing what exactly is going to come out of that mouth
- Create a scene and make sure everyone has their eyes on them
- Throws whatever they want on the ground
- Thinks that behavior is totally fine
That’s what I would add to the list. Do you have any you would add to the list? And have you ever thought about this at all?